Teaching Resource: Fraction Bingo (Common Fractions)
Fraction Bingo is an exciting way for students to learn to read area/shape models of common fractions including halves, thirds, quarters, fifths and sixths.
Print a single copy of this PDF file to make a game for 2 to 5 players, or print multiple copies for the entire class to play at one time.
This file includes:
- Five different bingo cards (in different colours)
- An instruction card (detailing different ways to play)
- Bingo counters (or you can use your own)
- A blackline master for a blank bingo card (use this for students to create their own area/shape models for these fractions).
Additional resources required:
- 2 x regular dice (or print the spinners from our free teacher resources)
Teaching Tip: If playing with the whole class, you might like to use the tools in your interactive whiteboard software to roll the dice - or use a dice app. When the numbers are rolled, focus on the language. For example, "We have rolled a 2 and a 4. The greater number needs to be the denominator, so we have two quarters (or two fourths). Who has a space with two out of four equal parts shaded? Who has a space with a fraction equivalent to two quarters?"
We also have a Fraction Bingo Collections game.